Your voice reveals a tremendous amount about you. Every day you use your voice without thinking and it communicates through through tone, intonation and pace. How you use your voice gives life to the words you speak. Your voice quality can carry tension, stress, fear or relaxation, interest and joy. Sometimes we develop bad habits over the years that limit our vocal flexibility. This is particularly true of people who use their voice every day in their work: teachers, lawyers and others. Vocal training will help you to use your voice effectively will make you a more confident and successful communicator in all aspects of your life.
Test yourself with our Vocal Training Self Evaluation Quiz:
- Do you feel your voice is weak and that others have trouble hearing you?
- Do you dislike your voice quality??
- Does your voice change over the course of the day and feel scratchy and hoarse by the evening?
- Do you hold your breath when you speak?
- Are you very nervous before you have to give a speech or presentation in front of a group?
- Do you keep people interested when you are talking in a social group?