As a Speech-Language Pathologist ......
- Speech-Language Pathologist: Bridgepoint Hospital, Toronto: Neurological Rehabilitation Unit
- 2nd Lead for the COIL Project
- Main Contact for Change Foundation Grant Project: Feeding all Tongues: a cross-cultural video (Menu for Safe Feeding) to support safe-feeding practices in Mandarin, Cantonese and English
- Awarded OSLA fellowship award 2003
As an Actor ......
- Graduate of the National Theatre School in Montreal
- Performer in all media: radio, stage, large & small screen
- Series regular in more than a dozen cartoons including: Barbar, Beetlejuice, Little Bear, Dog City, Sailor Moon, Yuko Mo and Me etc.
- Guest appearances in more than dozen cartoon series including: RoboRoach, Franklin, Police Academy, Pippi Longstocking, Hello Kitty etc.
- Voice over for more than 50 commercials including, Nissan, Sears, Volkswagon, Labatts, Ontario Place, Canada's Wonderland etc.
- Invited performer to BITEF International Festival (Belgrade, 1985) with Mein, Necessary Angel Theatre Company
- Invited performer to Festival des Ameriques (Montreal, 1985) with Mein, Necessary Angel Theatre Company
- Workshops in singing and voice with David Smuckler, Lloy Coutts, Louis Spritzer, others
As an Educator ......
- Education Scholars Program, U of T 2008
- Interprofessional Faculty Development Program, 2009
- Developed and implemented curriculum for Continuing Education course “Improving Pronunciation” at George Brown College
- Guest Lecturer presenting on Aphasia, Pragmatics and AAC at Humber College
Master of Health Science: Speech-Language Pathology, University of Toronto
Graduate of National Theatre School: Acting Division, Montreal
Scholarly Activities: Research
2007: Physiotherapists’ Perceived Benefits and Barriers to Supervising Students in the Clinical Setting (Principle Investigator, accepted for publication by Physiotherapy Canada
2008 Ongoing: Informing the Results of the “Bridging the Gap” Pilot Project: Does learning disease specific content in an interactive online process help foster collaborative practice and improved interprofessional attitudes for interprofessional post-licensure learners? (Co-Investigator with PI Dr. Heather MacNeil and Co-Investigator Scott Reeves)
2010 Ongoing: eUnity, a interprofessional education usability study: Formulating adoption strategies. (PI with Dennis Cheung Co-Investigator)
Primary Contact/first author, Change Foundation Grant 2000, Writer/in house producer of Menu for Safe Feeding 2001, Production of Menu for Safe Feeding in Mandarin 2002Research to Practice Grant (Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre), June 2007 (with Robyn Davies)
Educational Development Fund (CFD, U of T), , April 2008 (with Dr. MacNeill and Scott Reeves)
Instructional Technology Courseware Development Fund, April 2008 (with Dr. MacNeill and Scott Reeves)
Continuing Education and Professional Development Grant (CFD, U of T), June 2010 (PI with Dr. MacNeill, M Lowe, L Sinclair, S Reeves and S Hall)
Davies R, Hanna, E , Cott, C.They put you on your Toes: Physical Therapists’ Perceived Benefits from and Barriers to Supervising Students in the Clinical Setting, accepted for publication, 2011, Physiotherapy Canada (2nd Author Peer Reviewed)
Hanna, E., Williams, D., Chien, V., Weir, R., Roberts, J., Specialized Nutritional Support at Bridgepoint Hospital: Characteristics of Patients and Outcomes of Treatment, Longterm Care Interface, July 2005 (1st author, peer reviewed)
Hanna, E., Joel, A .End of Life Decision Making, Quality of Life, Enteral Feeding and The Speech-Language Pathologist, Division 13 ASHA Newsletter October 2005 (1st author, non-peer reviewed)
MacNeill H, Reeves S, Hanna E. The Community of Inquiry framework: a pertinent theory of online interprofessional education? Chapter in Interprofessional E-learning and Collaborative Work: Practices and Technologies, Ed. A Bromage, Clouder L, Gordon F, Thistlethwaite, J, IGI-Global (Proposed publication date: Spring/Summer 2010)
Presentations and Special Lectures (selected)
2005 First author at Global Perspectives on. Chronic Disease Management, September, 2005: Specialized Nutritional Support at Bridgepoint Health: Characteristics of Patients and Outcomes of Treatment
2006 Invited Member of Panel, OARN Conference: Rehab Nurse’s Role in Chronic Disease Management: Supporting Functional Ability and Optimal Healt
2007 First Author on Poster at CASLPA Conference, April: Breaking Bread Together: Two hospitals build volunteer mealtime assistance programs
2008 Co Author (poster) at Wilson Centre Research Day. October: Physiotherapists’ Perceived Benefits and Barriers to Supervising Students in the Clinical Setting
2008 Co Author (oral presentation) at Wilson Centre Research Day: An Innovative Approach to Interprofessional Education Using an Online, “Build-a-Case” Method
2009 IPE Ontario 2009, Ontario International Health Collaborative, Toronto Co Author (oral presentation ) An Innovative Approach to Interprofessional Education using an Online "Build-a-Case" Method”
2009 Collaborating across Borders II, Halifax An Innovative Approach to Interprofessional Education using an Online "Build-a-Case" Method”
2009Canadian Physical Therapy Association Conference, Physical Therapists’ Perceived Benefits and Barriers to Supervising Students in a Clinical Setting, Elizabeth Hanna, MHSc, Reg CASLPO, Robyn Davies, BHScPT,MAppScPT
2010 IPE Ontario 2009, Ontario International Health Collaborative, Toronto Co Author (workshop presentation ) COIL: Clicking Collaboratively- Results of the pilot
Speech Language Pathologist/Voice Specialist